Monday, August 24, 2009

One week.

That's how much summer we have left. Most people are sad that summer's ending. I'm not. It's been a lonely summer, actually. I've spent most of my time by myself. None of my friends live near enough to me that I got to see them much. I couldn't believe how weird it was not seeing people every day. On the first day of AP week, I was talking to HB and neither of us could believe how strange it had been. Well, she'd been busy all summer, so it hadn't been as weird for her, I don't think.

I'd originally planned on getting a job this summer, but we were gone for most of July, and by the time August rolled around, my sister started driver's ed. I still don't have my license, though I'm planning on going to get it tomorrow. I hope I pass. And there's something not so great about having your mom drop you off at work, you know what I mean?

Rereading what I've written, it sounds so "Oh woe is me." That's not what I meant to be writing. I don't know what exactly I did mean to write, but this isn't it. So I'll go off on a tangent.

Last Sunday (not yesterday, but the one before that), I went down to downtown Woodinville with MM to meet up with AG, KS, and VZ. We waited at one of the Starbucks' with VZ for a few hours, but she finally had to leave for work. When AG and KS got there, MM and I had gone over to Party City and purchased four inflatable flamingos and a strip of candy dots as a sort of going away gift. We all headed over to Cost Plus World Market, then to Barnes and Noble. I love bookstores. I bought a book called "Wreck This Journal." It's fantastic. Each page names something to do to or with the book. My personal favorites include "Burn This Page" and "Collect Fruit Stickers Here."

Off to go read Pride and Prejudice and work on AP Calc homework now.

Hugs and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment