It's officially summer. Why aren't I more excited? I should be jumping for joy right now, or at least celebrating in some minor way. But I'm not. Instead, I'm lazing about in my room, writing on this here blog, and feeling kind of hopeless. I'm simply wasting time. And normally I hate wasting time. But right now, nothing else appeals.
First off, yesterday was graduation. Congratulations, Class of 2009! I will miss you all so much. I really will. The whole ceremony, I felt like bursting into tears, but I couldn't. At the time, I was bewildered. I wasn't going to see the majority of these darling, wonderful, beautiful people ever again, so why wasn't I crying?
Second, I've topped my feats of patheticness in regards to... Well... If you don't know, ask me about her sometime.
Third, I am officially the slowest sewer I know. I spent all of this past Saturday, all of Sunday and Monday evening, and all of yesterday morning sewing and I STILL didn't finish my graduation presents. I'm now resorting to delivery by mail, but part of the joy of giving people gifts is seeing their reactions to receiving something, especially something lovingly handmade.
Fourth, one of my dearest friends, whom I've known quite literally forever, is leaving FR. I'll miss her, but at the same time, I think it's good that she's leaving. This plaid-clad school was destroying her. She was such a ray of sunshine, but it all became too much for her. I wish she would stop handling the stress this way. It's such a departure from her normal self, and I miss her.
Fifth and finally, I'm stuck out here in the deep, dark depths of Unincorporated King County with no one nearby to talk to. I love you all so dearly (especially the seven of you who subscribe for some reason or another), and I miss hearing your lovely voices, receiving those healing hugs, and just being near people.
If you really made it through reading all of that, I applaud you. Well done, my friend, well done.
Peace and love, my dears.
sewer... hahahahahahaha
ReplyDeletesewer!
okay i know that was really immature but i just had to share
Hee hee, I think it's funny, too.
ReplyDeleteOh goodness, Abby, that wasn't too long at all. And your blog is interesting to read. Fear not for length. Though I don't mind being applauded... *basks*
Okay guys, way to be mature. That's not what I meant. Sew-er as in someone who sews. There you go. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you and good night, lovelies. <3
I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI don't think any words nor exclamation points can explain how much I love you.